Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm a big girl now!

A lot of you know I was having a hard time potty training Kassi. She was going back and forth with it for a year and a half. She would go on the potty, and then refuse to the next day. Most of it was my fault. I just wasn't consistent enough. Well, when Brad had his surgery we thought that would be a good time to go Gun Ho with the whole potty training thing because we were going to be home for awhile. Little did we know what a stressful time that would be, but we had already started her doing it, and she didn't want to go back. So she was more than ready, I just kept finding the excuse not to. I always said I would never be the mom with a three year old that wears a diaper, but I definitely ate my words. She is doing so great, and has hardly had any accidents! I am just glad it is DONE! YEA!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Lindell said...

YAY!! Good job Kassi (and Scarlett!)

ps- I see some major teenage hostility in your future when she finds out you posted that cute potty picture :)

Krista said...

Congrats!! Maya is the same way--she was so determined and now she has hardly any accidents. Welcome to the diaperless world (well, we still have a baby in diapers and we have to buy Pull-ups, but you know what I mean!). Good job Kassi!

Andrea said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you guys! I guess its my turn to go next... I'm not very excited to do potty training. Ugh...

Shanna said...

Yay! Doesn't it feel great to be done with diapers! Good job to Kassi:)

Cory and Tia said...

I'm jealous! We're being pretty laid back about it all too, though, sooooo...

Brian and Emily said...

Actually Andrea it is my turn to go next. Josh just turned 3 on Feb 2nd. And, uh, well, he has no interest in using the toilet since we visted a local Wal-Mart and toilet flushed by itself. Hopefully he will recover from the trama and just maybe we will be diaper free by summer. Bissell little green best item I ever purchased!!

Brian and Carly said...

Ya!!! Love how you blame it on yourself Scar! She looks so much like you. Too cute!

Bonnie said...

I am getting the jist that potty training is not the easiest thing...cutest picture!

Unknown said...

Yay Kassi!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

cute