Twice a year the Clegg side of the family gets together. On Labor Day and at Christmas time. I seriously look forward to these 2 events all year. This year was going to be especially fun cause we were going to Cowabunga Bay first. Kassi has been asking to go to that place all summer! Finally I was able to tell her that we were going.
Well, this last Friday I noticed a couple bumps on Kassi's hands. I thought it was a little weird, but Kassi has really sensitive skin, so I just figured she had touched something her skin didn't agree with. On Saturday she woke up, and the sores had become more like welts. After more investigating, I saw that she also had these sores on her feet, knees, and tongue. Kassi was acting completely normal. We asked her if these bumps hurt or itched at all. She said no. I didn't know what to do. It was my cousin's daughter's b-day party that day, and Kassi was really excited about it.
Brad and I decided to take her to the doctor to find out for sure what was going on. Come to find out she has Hand Foot Mouth disease. Something that is very contagious and is around for 5-7 days. Not only was Kassi missing that b-day party, she was also going to miss all the festivities for today, and she was supposed to start preschool tomorrow. Of all the times to get sick!
Luckily it seems to be a pretty mild case. She is healing quickly, and I think will be able to go to school on Thursday! Lets just hope Brad and I don't get sick.....
8 comments:
Poor Kassi! I hope she gets better soon. We miss you guys!
Please tell your daughter to stop making out with her hands and feet.
Gee whiz! Perfect timing! What a bummer for cute little Kassi! Hope she's getting better!
No fun! Good thing you took her in. Hope it goes away quick.
I've heard of this. Wierd. Is it actually a virus or an actual disease? Poor little thing.
Well- We definately missed you guys.
That is one of my least favorite things, when your child might be getting sick but you are not sure! Murphys Law, getting sick at important times!
Man I am sorry to hear about Kassi, that is no fun! I missed seeing you at the Labor day party but hopefully we will be able to see each other at the Christmas day party.
Hey Scarlett, Shanna Coleman here. I told you I would leave you a comment so you could find my blog. So here it is! So glad you moved in to the neighborhood! And you're daughter is just adorable! :)
Post a Comment