Monday, October 25, 2010

Kassi's First Day of School, Finally!

Kassi started preschool at the beginning of last month, but I'm kinda running a little behind, so here are some pics.


She was SO excited! She just loves school. Some of you may be wondering why we didn't put her in kindergarten this year, since technically she should be. Well, since Kassi has an August birthday, we decided to hold her back so that she will be the oldest in her class instead of the youngest. This wasn't something we decided overnight. We heard ALOT of people's opinions over the matter, and when it came down to it, we did what we thought was best for Kassi. Also, I am an October birthday, and I was one of the oldest, and I loved it. Plus, she will be able to drive and date her whole sophomore year, thus avoiding any future fights. :)

We are so lucky to live right by my brother and sis-in-law. They have a little boy that is just 6 weeks younger than Kassi. So they get to go to school together. They love it, and so do Heather and I. It's so fun to have them so close. I didn't grow up close to any of my cousins, so I love that Kassi can have that with her cousins. Here are some pics of Kassi and Zach. Also, this is Danny's,(my other nephew)first day of school. He is in the younger class, but he also wanted to be in some of the pics.


I can't believe my "baby" is five years old and going to school! I don't know what I'm gonna do next year when she goes to kindergarten 5 days a week and leaves me alone all that time. Well, hopefully I will have some other babies on the way! :)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I didn't realize how opinionated people can be about holding kids back verses not holding them back. I think we will end up doing that with David. I really thing it will be best for him as well, so that is what we will do!

Lamb Fam said...

She is adorable! And we did the same thing- we kept Tol back another year because he has a Summer birthday. Interesting how many uninvited opinions I got on the matter. It comes down to what you feel is best for your child- everyone is different. We haven't regretted our decision even once.
Anyway, hope she has a great year in Preschool!

Naoni said...

Hey Scarlett! It's Naoni McCurdy (flash back huh??) I'm glad people have blogs because I'm terrible about my own. Anyway. We held both of my kids and so far LOVED it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that had the dating issue thought!

Take care and best luck with everything!

Betsy said...

She's so cute! How fun to live by cousins...we have really liked being with mmy mom..it makes such a difference to live by family!