Friday, April 29, 2011

I got a boogie got a boogie in the sunshine


Kassi loves to sing. She makes up songs all the time. And she doesn't care who she sings in front of. She really will sing in front of anyone. This little girl has guts. Well, this morning at 6:45am, Brad and I woke up to Kassi singing. Not softly. No, this child does not know the meaning of soft. She was full out belting it. And what was she belting? "I got a boogie got a boogie in the sunshine." Repeated over and over and over again. After five minutes of this, both Brad and I were laughing so hard we were crying. She finally comes in our room, and I ask her what she is singing. She then repeats,"I got a boogie got a boogie in the sunshine." That's when it clicks. "Oh, you're singing Pocketful of Sunshine!" The Natasha Bedingfield song that she has only heard a handful of times. She couldn't remember the words, so of course she made up her own. Why she chose the word boogie, I don't know. Love this girl!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hahaha! That is so cute, she's gonna be a singer, just like her mom and grandma!

Lamb Fam said...

Hilarious!

Natalie said...

She's so stinkin' cute. Boogie in the sunshine is much better than the original version, I'm sure.

amy ayres said...

Cute little stinker!

Kristen said...

That is so funny!