Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Bump In The Road

First of all, I just want to say thank you for all your comments and support. You have no idea how much it means to me. This past week has been really rough for me, and reading all that you have to say has boosted my spirit. So thanks, again. I love you ALL!

I wish I could say I had good news about my situation, but unfortunately it's only gotten worse. Like I said before, I had a cyst burst back in May. Since then I have been very concerned with having another one burst. I talked to my nurse at my Dr's office, and she kinda blew me off.

Well, I know I have had more cysts because I can feel them. When I ovulate or when it's that time of month they are extremely painful. Last month when I started my period I was in so much pain I was down for two days. I called my nurse and told her the situation. She very nicely told me that if it was bad again next month they would want me to come in.

Alright, I thought. I'll just wait til next month. When I went in for AI, though, I knew I should talk to my Dr about it. He seemed concerned and told me that if I start my period I should come in so they can take a look.

So today I went in for an ultrasound. They told me I have two cysts. Both 3 cm and filled with fluid. My nurse sat me down and told me how bad she felt because I was in so much pain.(No sh** Sherlock. Sorry, there's a little bit of bitterness there.)And that I was not going to be able to go back on Clomid this month. Therefore, no AI. Clomid makes cysts a lot worse, and they didn't want another one to burst.

I am a pretty nice person. I really try to avoid confrontation as much as possible. But as I left the office I started to get more and more angry. This is something they should have figured out 4 months ago. When I had a cyst burst, why weren't they watching me more closely? We spent all this money on AI for what? Nothing. These cysts were probably double the size when I was ovulating and that makes it pretty difficult to get pregnant.

So, what's the next step? I wish I knew. I feel like we are at a dead end right now. If I continue to have these cysts, that means no Clomid, and they don't do AI without Clomid. So invitro is probably the next step. How in the heck are we going to afford that?

How am I feeling right now you may ask? For the first time since this whole process began, I feel hopeless.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Scarlett, that is just horrible! I am so very sorry for what you are going through! I think you and Brad are some of the best people I have ever met. It seems to me that when there are people as good as you, trials like this (having to do with their health etc...) are sent their way. Thank you for being a kind friend and someone I look up to. I will keep you in my prayers!

Kate said...

UGH!I am so sorry. You will definitely be in my prayers (and its fast Sunday this week too) so that is like prayers on steroids, right?

ShayLynn said...

I am so sad for you that this is happening for you guys. Don't lose hope because that is the only thing that will keep you going - hang in there you wouldn't have been given this trial if you weren't strong enough! You are an amazing person to be given such a hard trial and yet still being faithful to endure this selfless desire. Blessings will come your way and rely on your family and friends for strength to get through! We will pray for you!