I can't believe the day finally came! It seems like I have been waiting forever for this, and it finally came, and went, actually. I was going to write this yesterday, and just didn't feel up to it.
Holy cow! I just realized it's almost been a week since I last posted. So, the day after the retrieval, they called to let me know that 14 out of the 15 eggs fertilized. That was AMAZING! My dr then called me on Saturday, to let me know how my little embryo babies were doing. He said that two were great and four more were doing pretty good. The rest were growing, just at a slower rate. So they decided to do the transfer on the fifth day. It's either on day 3 or 5 that they do the transfer. They would prefer to do a day five because the embryos are more developed, and more likely to survive, but the problem with that, is there is a risk of not many surviving to day five.
So I was very nervous. My hope when I found out they were doing a day five transfer was that I would have two embryos to transfer, and one or two embryos to freeze. I prayed and prayed for these little "babies" to continue to grow.
Monday finally arrives. Brad and I get to the dr office, and we anxiously await to hear how many blastocysts(that's what they are called now that they have been alive for 5 days) we have. The dr comes in and he tells us we have SIX!!!!! YAY! So they implanted two and are freezing four. I couldn't be happier. So now it's the waiting game. We will find out in two weeks if these little babies have attached themselves. I'm thinking inviting thoughts. My uterus needs to be a welcoming environment. Lol.
I also want to say, thank you to everyone who have prayed and thought about us. I truly know the Lord has answered those prayers and has blessed us greatly. And I know I will be getting a phone call in a couple weeks letting us know that a new family member will be joining us. The big question is, one or two? :)
12 comments:
Oh so exciting! I am sure you home is an EXTRA happy one right now! We will be hoping and praying for the best!
So happy for you. I hope all continues to go well!!
I'm so excited for you. Sending fertile thoughts your way!
again, WOW! I hope all goes well, I am so happy for you and your sweet little blastocysts!
That is so awesome hun! I am praying that those little guys hold on for dear life!!!!
I'm praying for you guys! You deserve the ultimate best!! I'm amazed that they can freeze little embryos for later. Technology is awesome!!!
I love seeing when you have something new to post!! I am so excited for you. Fingers crossed that those two babies stay put for a long 40 weeks!!!!
So excited for you. Here's hoping for the best news!
oh scarlett! my heart is so happy and excited for you I can't stand it! this is such awesome news and I will be thinking and praying for you and brad and Kassi! Keep up the happy "high" it can only result in good things....right?
YAY! I'm so extremely happy for you! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
prayers coming your way! can't wait to hear!!!
So happy for you my friend! You and your sweet family deserve this. Prayers to you! xoxo
Post a Comment