Thursday, July 26, 2012

Home Study

Last week was our home study. For those of you who don't know what a home study is, (I sure didn't), it's when your caseworker comes to your house looks through it, and sits down to ask you more questions. Well, I had heard lots of stories about people's different experiences with their home studies. Anywhere from the caseworker goes through every cupboard and drawer in your whole entire house to they just walk from room to room and glance in. Well, I was very nervous, so I went to the extreme and cleaned every nook and cranny I could. We also had to have a fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, and locks on all the bottom cupboards and drawers. It took alot of work, but we got it all done! When our caseworker came, I would say it was in between the two extremes. She looked in every room, even closets. We had to show her all our fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors, our fire extinguisher, and all the drawers and cupboards that had locks on them. We also had to show her where we kept our medicines/vitamins. Anyway, after all was said and done, it was pretty painless, and now we are DONE!!!! Our profile will be up soon, and we couldn't be more excited!

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali Marie Hallock said...

We are so happy for you guys! Your family pictures are perfect and the process seems to be moving right along. August 8th will be an exciting day knowing your profile is up and ready to be viewed! :) I know it's been a long journey and a lot of work, but at least you have an impeccably clean house now and you'll be somewhat baby proofed and ready to go when the time comes to bring home your baby. Having completed this process, I am sure you feel a HUGE sigh of relief! We think of you guys often and pray for you daily. We are excited to see what the future has in store for you and your desires to expand your cute, little family!!

Sara said...

What a fabulous home and family for a sweet baby to come to!!!

I miss you! and I love your beautiful picture!! You're gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Wow! I'd be cleaning like crazy too! I'm so happy for all of you. Much love and peace sent your way my friend. xo

Angela said...

Yay! So happy to hear this! I can't wait for the next chapter....